‘Culture has shifted from the postmodern age into a new age defined by media.’ Understanding and harnessing the power of new media is critical for communicating the Gospel in the Media Age. New Media Learning Day provides hands on and practical training in the use of new/social media for churches and leaders.
TO SCHEDULE ONE IN YOUR JUDICATORY, CONTACT US.
Sessions are viewable on the big screen if you don’t have access to a laptop.
- Learn about the new cultural context we are in, which is NOT postmodern, but the new culture after Postmodernism, and how media is now defining the culture.
- Learn how New Media fits into a solid theological framework, which will encourage, ground and guide the use of new media in your ministry setting.
- Learn basics for creating key ministry tools (quality, easy use websites and html newsletters)
- Learn about the major media companies and products (Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, You Tube, Google, WordPress, Photoshop Elements, Main Chimp…) and how each can be used to enhance your ministry (outreach, communications and connecting with emerging generations for whom this media is native).
- Learning will be practical and immediately useable within the course of the day!
- Learn about creative possibilites for effective use of media in worship (it’s not what you think)